To update Product Settings, go to Settings > Products > Product Settings. Select Edit to make changes.
Set Automatic product numbering to On or Off as required.
- ON - the next product created will use the value in the Next Product Number field. This is a numeric field that is editable and can be adjusted if required. Once used this number will increment by one. When set to On, product numbers / codes cannot be manually created.
- OFF - the product code must be manually entered when automatic numbering is turned off.
Product Costs settings control how Products are costed
- Costing Based On: Determines which cost is used when pricing is calculated, either Average or Latest cost. Average cost is the default setting.
Cost Update Policy (When Receiving Products): Set when to update the Latest and Average costs when products are received.
- Do not update costs: No change is made to either Latest or Average costs. This can be done manually from the Product Pricing tab of a Product.
- Update latest and average costs: Both latest and average costs are automatically updated.
- Update only average costs: Latest costs must be manually managed.
Use the options available to set stock management and notification options for products.
- Enable stock level tracking on new products - determine the default setting for tracking of stock quantities for newly created products. Products can be individually managed within the Product Details tab.
Warn when insufficient stock available - when active, an alert shows on an invoice to indicate that there are insufficient stock levels.
- Include all product locations - becomes available when the insufficient stock warning is active. When selected, stock level alerts are based on quantities in all product locations. When deselected, alerts are based only on the current product location.
Subtract allocated quantities from expected quantity
You can choose to 'Subtract allocated quantities when calculating expected quantity for stocktake lines'. This option is on by default for new and migrated datasets.
- When this option is selected, the stocktake will not expect the allocated quantities to be included in the counted figures, i.e. products on pending invoices have been removed (packed) and are not on the shelf to be counted.
- If the option is not selected, the stocktake expects the allocated quantities to be included in the counted figures, i.e. products on pending invoices have not been removed and are on the shelf to be counted.
You can also choose to export .CSV files that are based on Product code or Barcode.